National Police Firearms Training Curriculum
The National Police Firearms Training Curriculum (NPFTC) is a programme of nationally accredited firearms training. The curriculum has been developed within a framework of integrated modules and units that together represent a whole programme.
The NPFTC provides:
- a framework for continuous professional development
- consistency and standardisation across the range of training activities
- standardised national procedures and terminology for police use of firearms and related activities
- a vehicle for the promulgation of good practice in response to lessons learnt
- the basis for a professional register of practitioners and managers
- a basis for the development of national, regional and local role profiles (in line with the Armed Policing Strategic Threat and Risk Assessment Guide 2012).
Page last accessed 26 March 2017