Major investigation and public protection
The major investigation and public protection area of APP is currently under development. Modules will be uploaded as they are completed according to the release schedule below, and their publication will result in existing titles being decommissioned. Note: pre-existing titles remain current until further notice. See the up-to-date list of decommissioned titles.
When complete, the APP on major investigation and public protection will comprise:
Core knowledge for protecting the public:
- Public protection
- Mental ill health and learning disabilities
- Managing sexual offenders and violent offenders.
Core knowledge for major investigations:
- Major incident room standardised administrative procedures
- Major investigation reviews
- Major investigation support
- Managing major investigations.
- Child abuse
- Child sexual exploitation
- Domestic abuse
- Female genital mutilation
- Firearms licensing
- Forced marriage and honour-based violence
- Gangs and youth violence
- Gun crime
- Hate crime
- Kidnap and extortion
- Knife crime
- Missing persons
- Modern slavery
- Rape and sexual offences
- Stalking and harassment
- Vulnerable adults
- Operation Hydrant.